Wednesday, April 20, 2016

7:50 AM.



2016 has been a year of transition for me.

In March of this year, I switched out of Public Relations and into the murky world of Accounts Management. On Saturday, the first step to fulfilling a childhood dream will materialize and in less than a month, I will be with the love of my life permanently.

And these are just the big transitions. There are also little ones that you don't realize the significance of until it hits you on a Sunday night and you realize that yes, things are changing.

Numerous quotes have reminded us to live in the moment and to enjoy the small things because in retrospect, these are the big things of life. And now as I look back, I am grateful to have enjoyed the moments with the people who matter the most but even if I have maximized moments to the full, nostalgia still kicks in every once in awhile and I find myself wishing that I enjoyed it more.

But nostalgia isn't the point of this blog entry. Truth be told, there isn't really a point to this entry except a mini celebration because I find myself in the middle of a not so busy morning and just like I always have, I had the urge to write.

When I was younger, I had big dreams of becoming an independent on the go woman. In my head, it was all about designer bags, nice clothes, and being busy. As an "engaged" college student, I was constantly craving for a busy lifestyle. At 27 and by God's grace, I am slowly seeing that dream realized. However, as Pastor Steven would always say nothing ever comes without responsibility.

At the end of most days, I find myself exhausted to the point of no longer being able to laugh out loud to Fresh Off The Boat or Jane the Virgin. I'm just instantly asleep only to be awoken the next day to go through the same thing all over again.

I love what I do but it's ironic to think that when we dream, we sometimes forget the amount of work that goes into it. Which makes you appreciate and love it more.

As I begin yet again another Manic Day, I go back to the Source and remember that no matter how busy or tiring life is, I am living out my dream and that is worth the sleepless nights, the silent breakdowns, and yes, even the many tears.

No comments: