Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Happy Anniversary, Bloggy!!!

It has been ten years since I have been introduced to the world of "blogging". As a sullen, Hilary Duff wanna be, the internet served as an escape. This was way before the domination of Friendster, Facebook, and Multiply and blogging was more of having a sacred space online where you can freely share your thoughts without being judged. For a time, nobody understood the concept of blogging and simply defined it as an online diary. I've spent way too many hours in my school's library, hunched over in a corner, typing up entries I never thought anyone would read.

This blog of mine has been with me through it all: the crazy bouts of adolescence, surviving college, entering the real world, and yes, even heartbreak. It has chronicled my life's highest highs and lowest lows and in a blink of an eye, it has now accumulated ten years worth of cheers and tears.

When I started this blog, I never really thought that I would be a "legit" writer (and yes, everyday I still get that pinching myself because I can't believe it moment) and yet, God has been gracious enough to allow me to share my love for words in different portals.

In a way, this blog would forever be a reminder of where I was, who I was, and what God has done in my life. In a way, looking at it, in all its simplicity would always remind me of what got me started in the first place. I simply wanted to be able to freely express my thoughts without the fear of them not being enough.

Today my blog has transitioned into a legit adult blog (and no, not in that sense) now that it is a legit .com! My sixteen year old self is probably snickering in delight because what started out as a project has turned into something worthwhile over the years. I'm glad that my younger self took the risk and just wrote, despite the typical fears that came along with adolescence. I'm glad she was brave enough to write the first sentence that eventually turned into a thousand words. It was her idealistic courage that led me to where I am now.

It has been an awesome and exciting ten years but I do believe that there's more in store and I cannot wait to share it with my blog and all you kind ones who actually take the time to visit.

Cheers to new adventures!

No comments: