Wednesday, May 18, 2011

sunshine.

Isaiah 61:7 


 7 Instead of your shame
   you will receive a double portion (for your former trouble),
and instead of disgrace
   you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
   and everlasting joy will be yours


In the past six months, my life has been nothing but a series of emotional high, lows and gotta gos (had to include it, it rhymes).

It was definitely a struggle (and on most days, still a bit of it) but this week, I felt free.

It was nice to look back and recount the events of those troubling months with a slight smile and little pump fist in the air, because above anything else, I survived that.

I may be a little bruised, a little shaken, but nonetheless, still standing.

None of which I credit myself for, simply because if it was up to me then I would have ended up locked up somewhere.

It is quite amazing what God does to the broken pieces of our lives. I remember desperately trying to hold on to them, no matter how painful it was when all I really had to do was let go of it and allow the wounds to heal.

It's so beautiful what happens when we continue to fall deeply in love with Him, we let go of things that never seemed to bother us before.

What's even more beautiful that despite all of our stupidness, He remains steadfast and faithful, always patient with our mistakes and our outcry for something silly.

So i encourage you today, what broken piece would you gladly surrender to Him today?

No comments: