Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Squad

Earlier today, I came across Taylor Swift's interview on The Telegraph (Yes, I'm a Swiftie and yes, I also love Drake so buzz off) and what caught my attention was how her life has shifted from dating high profile men to developing friendships with equally successful women. 

For the first time in a long time, Taylor (who has that serial dater thing down) doesn't seem to be on the lookout for a boyfriend but instead taking time to actually form important, life changing relationships. 

I was fascinated with the article for a good twenty minutes and then got distracted by work before I thought about it again. 

Relationships are critical and vital and this is the reason why I have been praying for a solid core group of friends for as long as I can remember. 

And tonight after seeing this photo of the queen Taylor with her besties


I couldn't help but thank God for my  own group of friends who are equally beautiful and successful in their own right. While we may not see each other on a daily basis, we do text each other enough to drain our batteries and that kind of support is essential. I've learned to celebrate myself more simply because these women have encouraged me to love me. 

So tonight, I celebrate friendships and the wonderful opportunity to do life with these beautiful people. Truly, answered prayers are truly the best. 




No comments: