Saturday, January 19, 2013

I refuse to accept the fact that on some days, I get lonely.

I don't accept it simply because there are far more people worse off than I am and yet live their day with enthusiasm and optimism

And yet there are days when I do feel it and while I try to deny it out of fear that it makes me a lesser person or makes what I believe less impactful or less true.

But in as much as I hate to admit it, I am human after all and while being lonely is... lonely, it doesn't really damage or bother me as much, except on days when I feel that it's never going to happen.

Knowing that my future would be without it makes me sad for awhile but it also makes me grateful for the things that I have that others are merely wishing for at this point. The same way that I am blessed with numerous things that people spend all day praying about.

It would be nice to be a child and whine about it, but at the end of the day I could only be thankful for what is and hopefully I can forget about what isn't.

2 comments:

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

"Lonely" I believe is something we need to experience from time to time, because alone, we get to think, think, think that all the busyness we've been so accustomed with, or the presence of so much noise and people around us, must be set aside so that we can be alone with our thoughts, test ourselves for genuineness, and force us to get back on our knees and realize that none else matters except the love of God for us.

Carla Bianca V. Ravanes said...

Hi Miss Yay. Again, thank you for always taking the time to read my ramblings. Hehe. I truly appreciate it :) And thank you for this particular comment, it really hit the nail on the head if I say so myself. I truly believe that the loneliness I felt made me reevaluate myself and what's truly important in life.