Friday, November 16, 2012

Tiny Melodies

I absolutely love music.

My friends know me as the girl who constantly has earphones plugged on wherever I go and it is safe to say that I am sort of a frustrated singer. Music is just a wonderful outlet and I am always amazed when I come across people with such wonderful talent.

One of the most talented people I know is my good friend, Angelie Kare and her friends from Those Girls, Camille, Colleen, Hannah and Gela.

Unfortunately, they haven't uploaded a video of them singing together, but here's Colleen and Angelie's version of A Thousand Years:



Didn't you just sigh over their version? I still get goosebumps everytime I listen to this!

If you're looking for a good time this Saturday, drop by Pergola (Southerner Lingo) at 4 PM to hear Those Girls  live.

Another girl with outstanding talent is my Twitter friend (who I'm wishing to meet personally soon!), Kaye Matriano.

Her version of Bon Iver's Skinny Love is just fantastic



And so is her original song Already Taken which you could listen to here: http://soundcloud.com/kaye-matriano/truth-is-youre-already-taken-1

Talented people just really remind me that God makes each and everyone of us unique and the best way we can shine is by making use of the talents that He has given us just like the girls mentioned above.

I am looking forward to the day that they become superstars in their own right, all of which began with tiny melodies.

Happy listening, folks!

No comments: