Saturday, June 30, 2012

F

There is an "F" word that I avoid at all costs and no this word is not, in any way, explicit.

It is actually commonly used in the business world or wherever you are on a daily basis. It's a word most often thrown around without caution wrecking anything that comes its way.

Failure.


A word we often associate quickly with others, but rarely with ourselves.

Maybe just like me you don't like failure and would rather have nothing to do with it. Failure means what it means, we failed, we didn't make it, we're losers.

And in as much as we would like to quote words of wisdom made by famous men deep inside we know that failure is to be detested and avoided at all times.

I used to say that failure is for my good and that failing at something doesn't make me less of who I am but simply gives me more room to make myself better.

Because just like the Japanese said, if we're not improving ourselves then what are we doing with our lives (yes, kaizen continues to be a favorite word of mine). However, what the Japanese forgot to tell us is this the aftermath of failure hurts.


It truly is as simple as that. There are no formulas. No explanations.

It just hurts.


And there are days really when we cannot explain why it hurts but it just does.

It could be pride and must definitely be looked into, however, it could also be just sadness because we've put our 130 percent into something and it just went kaput in a second.

We don't understand where we went wrong because just like dominoes the events fell too quickly without us seeing the root of it.

I guess it's safe to say that in the latest failure of my life there are lessons to be learned, but I dare say that it is okay to sit back and cry.

Most of us try to deny failure and immediately try to work on it without even allowing ourselves to wallow in the aftermath of losing something that meant so much and in the reality that maybe something we love to do is not something that we should be doing on a daily basis.

I truly do not understand God's plan, but I've been here before and God has always showed Himself faithful.

I also know that no matter how much I try to avoid failure, I never truly could avoid it and I shouldn't even try. Because just like those wise quotes we love tweeting so much say, it does make us better people.


I'd like to think that failure gives us more freedom and in failure, we get a clearer view of who we are, what we want, what works for us and what doesn't and truly that is all we need to live the lives of success that we all dream of having one day.

All in a day's work.

No comments: