Saturday, September 17, 2011

hits, misses and moving forward

"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back."


- Philippians 3:13-14 (MSG)

i don't know exactly when it happened, but it did. somehow in between bruised knees, geometry problems yet to be solved and lesson plans, i grew up.


i know everyone does at one point but however, i clung on to my pixie dust and my own version of Neverland littered with chick literature, cookies and Lizzie Mc Guire, I grew up.

and when i say grow up it doesn't mean that everything is finally in place or i have everything figured out, there are still a lot of things God is dealing with and i'm okay with that but somehow in the center of all the chaos, there is peace.

there is peace in knowing that i am not yet where I want to be but God has me where He wants me to be right now and that is okay. there is no need for competition or running ahead, in God's kingdom as I trust in Him and as I trust in His plan for me, I know that He will lead me to where He wants me to be.

there is peace in knowing that maybe i have made bad choices before and have been plagued by wrong choices when it comes to the people i have allowed inside my life but that it's okay since there's forgiveness and a whole lot of lessons that i would otherwise have not learned otherwise.

so yes there have been a lot of misses but God is faithful and in a way that only He can, He has also turned my misses into the best hits of my life so far.

so i can only keep moving forward because God has great and beautiful things in store.

No comments: