Thursday, May 03, 2012

Hohum to La Dee Daa

There are days when I feel worn out.

Where I want to laze longer in bed and eat ice cream instead of getting up at 5 am to run.

There are also days when I couldn't seem to muster enough strength to pray or to even flip my Bible open.

That's the truth. There are days when I don't want to be optimistic anymore. I just want to be as grumpy as the world and I grow tired.

Boy am I glad that even in those days, I am loved.

Today was one of those days.

I almost bailed on a writing assignment simply because I didn't feel like dressing up and putting on a smile on my face.

I somehow felt defeated for no particular reason and yet, something in my heart told me to whisper a silent prayer. That even if my prayers were soft, almost likened to a defeaning silence, God still heard me.

I prayed for Him to turn the day around and you know what He did. The person I interviewed, Mr. Joe Reano, enlightened me through his definition of "blessed".

I couldn't give much away before the article is released, but truly there are so many things to be thankful for.

These past few days, I must admit, that i once again fell into the trap of legalism. It has always been my weakness: foolishly thinking that to see more good in my life, I needed to do more.

I understand about the depth of obedience but more than anything, today I believe that it is grace that causes us to obey.

I often get it wrong: obedience then grace. My shallow thinking led me to discredit the truth about grace.

God loves me and no His faithfulness is not cancelled out when I do something wrong or don't spend five hours praying. God's love is unconditional and it's okay for us to take a lifetime to understand it's depth because no other love compares with it.

And in truth, God is not asking us to understand it, He is simply inviting us to rest in His love. And by rest He means rest in His grace as well.

That we may not be faithful 100 percent of the time, but it is okay because He is and it through His faithfulness that we are crafted to become who He wants us to be.

The own works of our hands does not accomplish this, only His love does.

So tonight as you rest, truly rest.

You're in the center of God's palm, all is taken care of. <3

No comments: