Monday, February 13, 2012

The Valentine's Day Convert



I have been trying to come up with my annual Valentine's Day entry since 1:30 PM and so far, I have converted several videos, watched random videos on youtube and read a book but have not come up with one that makes sense.

Well, thing is, I no longer hate Valentine's Day and I have come to realize that without that passion of hating it so much, I have nothing to write.

Also, it's the first time that I have no one in particular to write to and I'm not dwindling on the idea of someone that I have yet to meet.

I'm just sort of in between things now and i'm at peace with who I am and where I am.

So let's try this again. I have come to realize that Valentine's Day isn't just made for those with significant others. It's also not dependent on chocolates, roses and other things.

In fact it is simply there to celebrate the greatest thing on earth: love.

Love in any form, shape and size-- which safe to say is not limited to that of relationships that we see on TV.


So if you have someone you love who loves you back today then be grateful. It's more than what most people have today.


Tell everyone you love that you love them. Valentine's Day is really that simple.


And with that, I end this surprisingly optimistic and happy Valentine's Day entry with the real definition of love:


"If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. 

   Love never gives up. 
   Love cares more for others than for self. 
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. 
   Love doesn't strut, 
   Doesn't have a swelled head, 
   Doesn't force itself on others, 
   Isn't always "me first," 
   Doesn't fly off the handle, 
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, 
   Doesn't revel when others grovel, 
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, 
   Puts up with anything, 
   Trusts God always, 
   Always looks for the best, 
   Never looks back, 
   But keeps going to the end."



- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7



No comments: