Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dear John Version 2.0

"I have no idea where you are out there in the world, John. But I understand that I lost the right to know these things long ago. No matter how many years go by, I know one thing to be as true as ever was - I'll see you soon then." 
                            -Dear John


It's unnerving.

Before I sat down and started writing this pseudo letter to someone who may not even have the time to read it or my URL address to begin with.

But okay, here goes.

When I met you two years ago, you were perfect.

You were sunshine on an otherwise dreary day and you made me believe that there was still some good out there, that you were the good one out there.

But things change. People change. Priorities change. 

Things happen, hearts get broken and people move on.

And I have. I have moved on.

And thank you because because of that heartbreak I have become a stronger person and I have developed a closer relationship with Him.

I'd like to say that I am no longer the same person that I used to be because of that heartbreak and although things were messy it was meant for something good.

So anyway, back to the topic, i guess i never had the chance to thank you for making me believe that maybe fairy tales do come true, even though fairy tales these days come in the form of Nicholas Sparks novels.

That I will forever be grateful and not bitter because of what you will always remind me of.

And although you are no longer a part of my life, I thank you because you have always made me believe that everything, even for a moment, is quite possible.

I hope you are happy beautiful boy with the golden eyes because you deserve all the beautiful things that this world has to offer.